The Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) Scheme is a key part of the Government’s programme to manage climate change. It provides businesses with enhanced tax relief for investments in equipment that meets published energy-saving criteria. Coupled with savings from reduced energy consumption ECAs provide yet further financial incentive.
Sentinel works with the leading consultants in the UK to ensure our clients benefit from the greatest amount of tax relief to which they are entitled. Increasingly this requires early advisory input to ensure the other professionals working on a scheme are aware of the opportunities for tax savings. This particularly applies to the Enhanced Capital Allowances scheme for qualifying energy and water saving technologies.
What we can do?
- We can review the proposed works at no cost to provide an initial estimate of the potential tax reliefs
- Highlight opportunities to consider the Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA) scheme
- If ECAs on lighting is an objective, we can advise on the certification process and undertake the necessary calculations
- When old plant & machinery is replaced we can give indicative figures of the grid energy savings
- Compare financial models of costs, allowances, and feed-in tariffs, or the renewable heat initiative.